For the past week, I’ve worked on a big internet campaign that included a website where the users could connect to facebook using facebook connect and publish content from the site to their profile wall.
When I tried to publish the post on facebook I encountered an error I haven’t seen before and this error occurred only in Internet Explorer 8 , none of the other browsers (chrome, FF etc) produced this error and the content didn’t appear in the publish box.
The was the error:
“ Internet explorer has modified this page to help prevent cross-site scripting “
After googling didn’t give me the answer I tried to modify the content I pass facebook on the FB.Connect.streamPublish function and I discovered that the parameter of the user_text has a limitation of 95 non-English characters (my text was in Hebrew) cutting the text to less than the limitation fixed the issue!
Hope this helps,